Lentil Soup a la Fadi’s
I’ve been trying to replicate Fadi’s lentil soup for a while. I’ve tried lots of recipes. This seems to be a winner. Give it a try!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup diced or shredded celery
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of white rice
- 1 1/2 cups of red lentils
- 8 cups of chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste
Saute veggies in olive oil until tender. Add everything else except lemon juice. Cook until lentils and rice in tender. I just threw everything in a slow cooker on low for 6 hours. If you cook it on the stove they can be ready in less than 1 hour. They cook super fast. Add lemon juice at the end.