Applications for the Homestead Exemption must be filed between January 1st and April 30th. The process is easy, FREE and it will save you money on property taxes so don’t delay! There is no need for you to pay anyone for this service. Most likely, you will receive offers from vendors that appear to be very “official” offering to file your application for a fee. You need not pay anyone for this service and the county appraisal offices do not charge any fees.
Please note that In order to qualify for the exemption, you must provide: A copy of your Texas Drivers license or Texas State ID card. The address on the license or card must match the physical address to your residence for which you are applying.
If you decide to protest your assessed value yourself feel free to contact me to review sales in your area.
If you are considering selling your home within the next year or would simply like to know the current value of your home, feel free to contact us today.
Selling your home is one of the most important financial decisions you can make. Normally, one’s home is their most valuable asset. A well planned strategy can minimize the amount of time your home is on the market and maximizes your profits.
I am here to help in whatever manner I can. My services include:
- Assistance in Real estate sales and purchases
- Real estate home staging advise
- Local real estate market reports
- Real estate professional referrals (for those moving to another state or country)
- Real estate leasing (residential)
- Other: do you have a unique real estate issue that you need assistance with? I am happy to work with you to find solutions.
It would be our pleasure to answer any questions, just ask! You can reach at the contact info below.