- 1 box butter cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup water (or rum if you want to spice it up)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- one container of cool whip (or make your own whipped topping with heavy cream and sugar)
- Mix butter cake mix with eggs, melted butter and water (or rum). Pour into a 9×13 pan and cook until done at 350 degrees.
- Mix all three types of milk in a bowl
- Poke holes in the butter cake and pour milk mixture on top. Cover cake and refrigerate over night.
- Frost the cake with the whipped topping and top with cinnamon (optional)
Note: I’ve make several variations of this cake. I’ve added rum as stated above. I’ve lined the bottom of the pan with berries, dulce de leche, coconut or chocolate before pouring the cake mixture into the pan; then baked until done. What have you tried?